University of Rhode Island
The Office for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning at URI is looking for an Assistant Director to lead their Faculty Development Office who will be responsible for the strategic planning and vision casting for our Faculty Development unit, and will guide the design, implementation, and assessment of programs and services for URI faculty. More information about our current programs and services can be found here: http://web.uri.edu/teach/
Direct the Office of Faculty Development. Provide the vision and leadership for the Office and supervise all staff. Provide leadership to engage members of the university faculty to advance excellence in teaching and learning by designing and offering a combination of workshops, seminars, and consultations. Develop, administer, and assess the impact of the University’s Faculty Development Program. Provide expertise in the scholarship of teaching and learning to help faculty members identify a range of evidence-based practices that are appropriate for their specific teaching contexts. Design and implement programs to assist faculty members in collecting and analyzing direct and indirect measures of student learning for the purpose of improving course design and instructional techniques. Collaborate with the Director and other staff in the Office of Advancement of Teaching and Learning (ATL) in strategic planning efforts and in the design of appropriate assessment methods for those efforts.
All application materials must be submitted through our website: https://jobs.uri.edu/postings/7166
1. Ph.D., Ed.D or terminal degree with a minimum of two years of post-secondary teaching experience at the time of appointment.
2. Demonstrated experience in providing leadership to faculty development programs or projects.
3. Demonstrated experience in strategic planning.
4. Demonstrated experience in needs assessment and program assessment.
5. Minimum four years of faculty development experience.
6. Demonstrated experience consulting with post-secondary faculty about teaching and learning issues.
7. Demonstrated experience in developing and conducting workshops on post-secondary teaching and learning.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of educational psychology and learning theory.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of evaluation and instructional methodology.
10. Demonstrated experience in quantitative or qualitative research.
11. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
12. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
13. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
14. Demonstrated supervisory experience.