The ROSE (Research on STEM Education) fellowship program is exciting to announce the opporunitiy to apply for the 2020-2021 cohort of ROSE fellows through our NSF-RCN funded network “Research on STEM Education” at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
The ROSE (Research on STEM Education) fellowship program is a part of a NSF grant. ROSE Fellows will have the opportunity to develop activities and/or reform their courses to better enhance undergraduate education in their classroom by participating in a year-long, mentored program facilitated by the ROSE leadership team. In the fall semester, fellows meet each month to discuss research, participate in professional development, and collaborate to achieve shared goals. Fellows are eligible to receive a fellowship stipend of $1,500 per year and an additional $500 for course supplies/materials to support their activity development and/or course reform efforts. Fellows work one-on-one with a ROSE faculty collaborator to finalize a course redesign plan and course budget. Once you are a ROSE fellow, you are a member of our community. During and in the post fellowship period, there will be opportunities to publish with ROSE collaborators and funds available to attend conferences.
Requirements for ROSE fellows:
· You must be a current community college biology instructor.
· September 2020 – December 2020: Participate in a one-hour Zoom call each month to discuss teaching, learning and course plans with other ROSE fellows as well as meet with one or more members of a ROSE faculty collaborator to work on your course development plan.
· Submit a course redesign plan and course budget by January 10th, 2021
· January 2021 – March 2021: Meet with one or more members of a ROSE faculty collaborator for one hour each month to discuss the implementation process for your activity and/or course reform effort
· Attend at least two ROSE 2020-2021 seminars, accessible via Zoom
· Submit two classroom audio recordings and reflections.
· Submit course redesign assessment data and complete a fellowship survey.
Any questions about the fellowship can be directed to Penny Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants should download the application and answer the questions. Then email it to email@example.com by April 30th, 2020 and put in the subject line "Rose Fellow 2020". You can find the application at http://www.rosenetwork.org/rose-fellowship-program.html