Postdoctoral Research Scholar Position Focused on Undergraduate Metacognitive Development The biology education research lab led by Dr. Julie Stanton seeks applicants for a postdoctoral research scholar position. The postdoctoral scholar will join an NSF-funded project to investigate the development and use of metacognition in life science undergraduates. The postdoctoral scholar will lead a longitudinal study on metacognitive development and contribute to another study focused on how undergraduates use metacognition while collaborating. The postdoctoral scholar will join the vibrant Biology Education Research Group at the University of Georgia, as well as a larger community of discipline-based education researchers across STEM. There are many opportunities for professional development and the postdoctoral scholar will have the chance to cultivate their own interests and projects in biology education research.
Qualifications Applicants must have:
• a Ph.D. in a life sciences discipline, STEM higher education, or a closely related field,
• a strong record of publication,
• demonstrated interest in discipline-based education research, • high self-motivation to develop research questions and designs, lead data collection and analysis, and widely disseminate results.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following characteristics:
• strong written and oral communication skills
• experience with in-depth qualitative content analyses,
• experience with quantitative research methods,
• experience with management and organization of large projects,
• a strong background in life sciences content.
Applications Candidates should electronically submit a single PDF file containing (1) a 1-page letter indicating their interest in and qualifications for the position, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) a 1-page summary of biology education research interests, and (4) contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin August 7, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. Please contact Julie Stanton (email@example.com) with any questions. This position is full-time with a flexible start date as early as October 2020 with the possibility of renewal for multiple years. The salary is $51,000 with associated benefits. The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status.